2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re-starting Int Explorer (IE6)

Hi,

Usually when I am browsing the web I have several browser windows up and going (by using Shift + Left Mouse Click). Occasionally I inadvertantly close the last IE window and have to re-start IE.

When I do this I would like to be able to use the History details to automatically re-open at the last used site (like automatically re-opeing at the last used file in Word - simple macro!).

Any ideas on whether or how this could be done automatically for IE.

Sort of like updating the Home button each time you visit a new site, or having a separate "Last Site Visited" button updated accordingly, or being able to easily determine the last used site in the History/Today folder.

Thanks in advance

Peter Moran

Thanks

Re: Re-starting Int Explorer (IE6)

Both IE6 and Firefox let you sort the History pane in reverse Chronological order. In Firefox (illustration attached), this called By Last Visited, while in IE this is called By Order Visited Today. As the names imply, FF's goes back further. IE's also seems to mix in some files from my computer (not sure of the logic behind this). Either way, this should get you back where you were as quickly as possible!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Re-starting Int Explorer (IE6)

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion - I had not realised that list could be sorted into Last Visited like other views in Windows Explorer.

I have also created a shortcut to my History folder and if I select Today and expand the sites also sorted to Last Visited I can see the times last visited and click on the entry that opens that url directly.

Thanks again.

Peter Moran