2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Secondary Axis (Excel 2003 SP1)

I have a chart that has 2 secondary axis' - see attached. I know it makes the chart a bit busy, but my boss has asked me to add a third secondary axis. The data for the new axis is on row 47. I've tried everything I can think of; but when I try to add that line of data to the existing chart, not only does it not show the 3rd line of data, it also messes up the existing secondary data that is plotted from row 38. Is there a limit of 2 secondary axis'? If not, can someone show me how to add a 3rd? I know if this can be done, my boss will want the same type of info on other charts. Thanks in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Secondary Axis (Excel 2003 SP1)

You don't have two secondary axes, you have a primary axis (for the column series) and a secondary axis (for the line charts). That's it, there is no tertiary axis.
    The best you can do is plot the new series on the secondary axis and change the Maximum Scale for this axis, so that the new series is visible within the plot area. See attached version.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Secondary Axis (Excel 2003 SP1)

<hr>I've tried everything I can think of; but when I try to add that line of data to the existing chart, not only does it not show the 3rd line of data, it also messes up the existing secondary data that is plotted from row 38.<hr>

The line was being added to your chart when you drag it on, but because there was such a large difference in the % values, the 3rd line did not display as it was outside the markers range on the chart. It is just a matter of readjusting the marker values on the secondary axis sothat the axis can display values below 70%.
    Regards,
    Rudi

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you

Now I understand. Thanks Hans.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks

Thanks to you too, Rudi. I get it now.