3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Strange behaviour (FF1.02)

I use IE6 and FF1.02, both in the office and at home. In the office using the (intra)network (IP settings, etc), at home via UPC cable. I switch between home and office settings using ConfigFree. For UPC no special settings are required. I use ZA firewall with no problems. IE6 works perfectly fine at home and in the office. No proxy serves needed at both locations. The problem:
    FF1.02 works perfectly ok in the office, fast and nicely. However, at home, I have to wait up to 10 min before it starts responding, it seems to hang forever. What could be wrong?
    Anybody any suggestions please?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Strange behaviour (FF1.02)

I would guess at either a problem with your profile or with an extension.

Try running Firefox in Safe Mode which will disable all extensions. If Firefox then works ok it is an indication of a problem with an extension.

To check for corruption in a profile try creating a new profile. If you do create a new profile then you can recover settings from you old profile by copying the files mentioned in Profile backup

It is also worth checking out Browser will not start up - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tony55,

Thanks for the suggestions and useful information. I am now in the office and everything works fine. So tonight at home I'll try the suggestions and let you know.

Regards,
    Teunis

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tony55

Problem solved: the point was that on the Bookmarks Toolbar Folder I had locations referring to the Office intranet. No problem of course when you are connected to it. But at home, FF desperately tries to find these locations without success of course.
    So I removed those locations from the toolbar and now everything works fine again. Thanks a lot for putting me on the right track.

regards,
    Teunis

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Glad you solved it and thanks for posting the solution.