3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My MRU is Disabled (Office XP)

Hi, all.
    Two days ago, in an attempt to help speed up my aging PC, I made a few changes to my settings. The main ones were 1) turning off the system restore point option (at this company, I can get a new image quickly, so I'm not that concerned), and 2) setting the Display/Performance option on the Advanced tab of System Properties to "Adjust for Best Performance," and 3) turning of the Indexing feature of Windows (which took bloody forever to delete the old indexes.)
    Anyway, since then, I noticed that I have no MRU list in my Office apps. In fact, the setting that lets one specify how many files to show in the MRU list is disabled! Does anybody know what I might have done?
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: My MRU is Disabled (Office XP)

Doh! Did I mention I was twiddling about with Tweak UI? I confused that setting with "Allow Recent Documents on Start Menu."
    Thanks a bunch!
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: My MRU is Disabled (Office XP)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by tony55 on 31-Mar-05 21:55. )</P>Hi Mike

See "Most recently used" list missing from File menu and "Recently used file list" option unavailable in Office XP and 2003 from the MS Knowledge Base

Added: See <post#=406624>post 406624</post#> - The solution to the problem is slightly different if you are using Windows XP