Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Shortcut menus (Access2000)

I created a custom shortcut menu for when user rightclicks in a form that is presented in Datasheet view. When the form is opened from the database window, right-clicking anywhere in the form brings up my menu. So far, so good.

If I take that same form, and stick it in a subform control, I get a slightly different behavior. Right-clicking anywhere in the grid displays my menu, but right-clicking on a column header displays a built-in shortcut menu! I finally found it, labeled "Datasheet View Subform Column". I can modify it, but since it is a built-in menu I'm only changing it in Access for me, and not for the database itself which is distributed to others.

Anyone know how I can get Access to use my custom shortcut menu in this situation?
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Shortcut menus (Access2000)

Nick,

Thanks for confirming what I'd suspected, this is just the way it is! Very frustrating. Kind of strange that there would be a separate built-in shortcut for selecting a column in a datasheet, but ONLY when it is a subform! I can't even make sense out of that, other than the traditional "well, that's Microsoft for you".
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

3 Star Lounger
    Lewes, East Sussex, Sussex, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Re: Shortcut menus (Access2000)

Link to post provided by HansV - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>

Mark

I have had this same problem in Access 97 - see my <post#=363362>post 363362</post#>. After much research & testing I finally had to conclude that this was just how Access worked & there was nothing much else I could do. BTW, when I right-click on a column header in a subform, it just selects the whole column.

Hans did suggest using a continuous form, but it was not appropriate for my situation.

This probably won't help that much, but hopefully it might save you some time on a (possibly) insoluble problem.

Nick