Star Lounger
    Thanks

Loggin into server which supports FP (FP 2000)

Hello,
    Here's the problem I have.
    I'm trying to open a web site on a server which supports Front Page extensions but when I try to access the server and specific directory (http://exampleserver.ca/directoryname) I keep getting the following error (It's originally in french but I'll do my best to translate): "Impossible to access the following direcotry, it might be on a non available volume or protected by password. See c:docum.......... for more details".
    Basically I've tried this afternoon to log on to this server on another computer and was able to do it.
    What could the problem be on MY computer ?
    Oh yeah I've tried using FTP and it works fine so could the problem be with the HTTP protocol somehow ?
    I know it's not much to go on but any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Loggin into server which supports FP (FP 2000)

Let's assume for a moment that you need to supply a password. Do you have one for this server? If so, change the "Automatic logon" setting in IE's Tools>Internet Options...>Advanced pane (at the bottom) to whatever sounds most like "prompt me for the password" just in case FP is automatically passing the wrong information and bypassing the dialog.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,
    I do have a username and password for this particular server. I was able to login to the server from someone elses computer, the person uses the same ISP I do (I was wondering if the ISP might have been blocked but it's not).

This is kind of wierd because if I enter a directory name after the address, I don't even get asked for user name and password (ie http://servername.ca:8080/directoryname). If I don't put a directory name I do get asked for the info (ie: http://servername.ca:8080).

Thanks

Do you have any software that might have saved the password (incorrectly) and be presenting it for you automatically? How about Microsoft Passport? You could try clearing IE's password cache, if you use it, although this will affect a lot of sites. It should be an option on the Privacy tab under Tools>Internet Options.