Thanks

Recycle Bin (WinXP/SP1)

I have a 10 logical disk (on 3 physical disks) set-up. In the properties of the recycle bin, I have "Configure Devices Independently" checked on. I have 5 of the logical disks individually configured to not save deleted files to the recycle bin (0% maximum size of recycle bin AND "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted" checked on for each of these disks.

But for unknown reasons, Windows periodically changes these settings back to the standard 10% of the disk and allocates a recycle bin on the drive. I have no clues as to when this happens or why it happens.

This is a big waste of space that I don't need for these specific disks (for instance, one disk is for temp files, another is the page file).

Has anyone else experienced this or have a clue as to how to fix this obvious bug in WindowsXP?

Thanks

Re: Recycle Bin (WinXP/SP1)

I have also noticed that strange change in the Recycle Bin. It doesn't happen very often but I have always attributed it to an XP oddity ( bug )
    I have all of my drives set independently at 1% and occasionally it will bump one or two up to 10%.
    I have made it a habit to clear the Recycle Bin frequently along with TIFs and History, so it hasn't really been a problem to me. I live with it.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!