Lounger
    Thanks

Normal.dot problem (2002 SR-3)

All of a sudden, the copy of Word on my laptop keeps asking me about saving changes to normal.dot each time I close the program. This occurs even if I do not open any documents. My virus protection has always been up to date so I don't really suspect a macro virus. (Securtiy level is set to highest in addition.) A full virus scan of my system shows nothing amiss. Is there something else that can be causing this?

I don't have any "com" add-ins.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Normal.dot problem (2002 SR-3)

You write that you don't have any COM add-ins. Do you have standard ones (.dot)?

Try Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>, it may help you to uncover the culprit.

Lounger
    Thanks

What do you mean when you say,"standard ones"? The normal.dot has been modified almost from the beginning by adding some additional buttons to the toolbars but no macros.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

By "standard ones" I meant add-ins that are Word templates (.dot files) as opposed to COM add-ins. Phil Rabichow's post should help you locate them, if you have any.

Lounger
    Thanks

I found the problem. It turns out that a version of DataViz's Documents to Go loaded to accomodate my Palm Tungsten 3 was the culprit. Once I unloaded it, everything returned to normal (no pun intended...) Thank you for your assistance. The link to the Word diagnostic tool was great and I appreciate it.