2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sub webs (Front Page 2003)

I am thinking about using sub webs. I have found out how to create them; but I have not found any information about loading them or addressing them.
    When I have FP open on my main site, I see the sub web folder in the list of folders. When I connect to the remote site and publish, the sub web folder is never published. What am I missing?
    Also, if it does get published, how do I address it? Do I need another domain name or is there a specific technique for calling it as part of the original domain name?
    Thanks

Thanks

Re: Sub webs (Front Page 2003)

Subwebs are useful when you want to limit a folder's scope, for example, so that a search of the subweb does not find document in the rest of your web, and vice versa. Frankly, I'm not aware of any other use for it for regular HTML; for ASP applications, it's probably a good idea to create a subweb because the server will be treating that folder as the root of its own little world.

As far as the browser is concerned, it's just another folder. http://mydomain.com/site_root/subweb/index.htm

I think there is a checkbox in the Publish dialog for including subwebs, but that's a hazy memory from FP2000.

Thanks

Re: Sub webs (Front Page 2003)

The other advantages of subwebs:
    You can control authorship by using subwebs.
    You can restrict recalculation to the subweb only.

cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile