Star Lounger
    Thanks

Archiving (2003)

I can't get Outlook to archive my Inbox. I'm trying to do it manually as I have done many times in the past so that I can keep archive quarterly into file with dated filenames.

I can't imagine how I've done it in the past and can't do it now. The email stays in my current personal file and the archive makes the folders but doesn't transfer email. I've read the help files, but they are only interested in AutoArchive.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Archiving (2003)

MSKB 830119: Description of the AutoArchive feature in Outlook 2003 states: "You can manually transfer old items to a storage file by clicking Archive on the File menu, or you can have old items automatically transferred by using the AutoArchive feature. Items are considered old when they reach the age that you specify.".
    Have you specified a suitable 'age' for archiving?

Otherwise, if you are using Exchange Server, MSKB 297226: The Archiving function stops working in Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2003 may apply.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Archiving (2003)

Thanks. I said I had done it successuflly many times before. I was setting my date to 1/1/05, the date I wanted to BEGIN the archive instead of the date I wanted to END it. How embarrassing, but thanks for making me think--finally.