Lounger
    Thanks

Query; User Criteria (Access 2000)

I need to be able to run a query on my table that collects a variety of data on building permits. Each record has a type of construction or structure description.
    I have query that when run, prompts a user to "Enter Description". Upon entering the description of a structure, the user clicks "OK" and the query returns all of the records that have that structure description.
    So far so good. The problem is that I want the query to pull all of the records with similar description types. ie: "SDU" is a description. I also have "SDU Addition", and "SDU 2 Storey". When I run my query, if I enter "SDU", it only returns the results with "SDU" and not the others. Is there a way to return the other descriptions as well? Maybe with a wildcard?
    Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query; User Criteria (Access 2000)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

If you want to select all records whose description begins with the string supplied by the user, enter this in the criteria line:
    <code>
    Like [Enter Description] & "*"
    </code>
    If you want to select all records whose description contains the string supplied by the user, enter this in the criteria line:
    <code>
    Like "*" & [Enter Description] & "*"</code>