5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Criteria Choice (2) (2003)

Edited by HansV to provide link to post - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>

Following on from a previous post (<post#=455626>post 455626</post#>), I've got another problem with the search criteria. I've been asked be able to interrogate the database for who raised the problem, and also change the date search to a range (from and to). I've tried adding another column, as Hans did when he helped me out before, but I'm not getting the desired results.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Criteria Choice (2) (2003)

It would be helpful if you posted the query you are trying to use.

Either the SQl or a screen capture in design view if you can show all of it.

How do the results you get differ from what you want?
    Regards
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

With the database from your previous thread, this should work:

PARAMETERS [Enter User] Text ( 255 ), [Start Date] DateTime, [End Date] DateTime, [Raised by Whom] Text ( 255 );
    SELECT [tblDaily Production Main].[Log No], [tblDaily Production Main].Author, [tblDaily Production Main].[Actual Shipped], [tblDaily Production Main].[Date Created], [tblDaily Production].Problem, [tblDaily Production].[Raised By], [tblDaily Production].[Action To Be Taken], [tblDaily Production].[Time Saved], [tblDaily Production].Comments, [tblDaily Production].User, [tblDaily Production].Comments2, [tblDaily Production].Completed, [tblDaily Production].Initial, [tblDaily Production].Date
    FROM [tblDaily Production Main] RIGHT JOIN [tblDaily Production] ON [tblDaily Production Main].[Log No] = [tblDaily Production].[Log No]
    WHERE ((([tblDaily Production Main].[Date Created])>=[Start Date] Or [Start Date] Is Null) AND (([tblDaily Production Main].[Date Created])<=[End Date] Or [End Date] Is Null) AND (([tblDaily Production].[Raised By])=[Raised by Whom] Or [Raised by Whom] Is Null) AND (([tblDaily Production].User) Like "*" & [Enter User] & "*" Or [Enter User] Is Null));

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

With a few modifications, that.s exactly what I want thanks Hans. They've added a completion date to the report as well, but that, as yet has not been added to the query, but no doubt it will eventually. Thanks also to John for your reply.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Extremely wide screenshot edited by HansV

Not working as well as I thought. If I put in dates 01/03/05 to 04/04/05, I get nothing, although there is data there. Also strange things are happening to the query (see attached) If I look at the query in SQL view, it seems to have doubled?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The display is normal - Access rearranges the criteria. But you haven't entered them correctly, somehow - perhaps the browser messed up the "greater than or equal" and "less than or equal" characters. Attached is a modified version of the database from the previous thread.

BTW, if they keep adding parameters, it would be more user-friendly to design a form with unbound controls in which the user can enter the parameters, and refer to the controls in the query.