Lounger
    Thanks

MS Office XP Standard - Post Installation

Ok, I bit the bullet. Installed Standard over Professional, doing as suggested and did a 'custom' install. Told it to get rid of Excel and Powerpoint, but keep Word. It did as told. All my MS Office 2000 stuff is still there and both Word 2000 and Word 2002 work. Oh, I directed the installation to a folder callled Microsoft Office XP (instead of Microsoft Office). What surprises me is that all of Woody's stuff is there in both versions. That's slick. Going to have to buy his book when it reaches Canada to upgrade WOPR. Now I'm off to practice what I learned in the kickoff meeting yesterday. ...Michael

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS Office XP Standard - Post Installation

A very nice MS Interactive Training course for MS Office XP came along on a separate CD with my Office XP Standard. I just took the MS Word one. VERY very nice. I thought I was pretty good at Word, but I'm learning a lot. I see there's also EXCEL, Outlook, Access and Powerpoint lessons as well. This is great! It only takes about 4 meg and runs from the CD just fine. I'm impressed. ... Michael