Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Inbox Repair Tool (97--->XP)

I have a boss using Outlook 97, and he has hit his 2Gb size limit and the pst file has(AFAIK) corrupted. I have copied the pst file onto my PC whic is using Outlook XP and running the Inbox Repair Tool their so that he can get on with his work!!!!

If (it is still running) it repairs itself will there be a compatibility problem when I return the pst file to his PC? I ask as this repair is going to take some considerable time and I want to go home, it's Friday.
    Jerry

Thanks

Re: Inbox Repair Tool (97--->XP)

You probably are past the point where you need an answer, but, to first not answer your question, I suspect you can't use any version of the Inbox Repair Tool on the PST until you use the "truncation" tool to get the file size under 2GB. If this is not acceptable, there is a commercial product from Ontrack Systems, EasyRecovery EmailRepair, that can handle oversized files. Either way, I believe the file format remained constant from Outlook 97 to 2002.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inbox Repair Tool (97--->XP)

Thanks Jeff

During the day on Friday I downloaded the crop tool from the Microsoft site and tried to crop off 125Mb and then ran the repair tool over the week end. As you have pointed out I am also not carrying much hope for the repair but it is worth a try. I'll get back to you either way. Thanks for the link, I'll put that in my "toolbox"
    Jerry