Lounger
    Thanks

Blank page between sections (2003)

I'm getting a rogue blank page between sections. The pages appear only in Print Preview and are not numbered.

They seem to be appearing when a section should start on a right-hand page.

However, I have all my sections set to start on Next Page, not Even Page or Odd Page. I do have different right and left hand headers, and different first page headers. I've looked for strangeness in the first page header, and can't find any.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Jessica

Thanks

Re: Blank page between sections (2003)

There a few articles here which may help.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, the first one is what I needed. Wonder why it didn't appear when I did a similar search?

Anyway, it is Word helping me by assuming that I'm printing a book and the blank pages are supposed to make sure that odd pages stay on the right and even pages on the left. Not the situation in my case.

Gee, thanks, Word!

- Jessica

Thanks

What Word is doing makes quite a lot of sense, though. If you are using different odd and even headers/footers, presumably you are aiming to print on both sides of the paper. Without the blank page, you are in danger of having say page 15 backing on to page 1 of the next section, resulting in two odd pages in a row, with perhaps the page number in the wrong corner or whatever.

Ian

Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, it makes sense for the normal use. but it doesn't work properly for my use with continuous page numbering and with the breaks falling between front matter and regular, and between regular and appendices with different numbering schemes. I just want to have the choice myself.

I could put in a suppressible blank page (using something like a conditional field that either inserts a page break or not depending on where the start of the next section would fall). I could force the section to start on a right-hand page.

But I can see that more people statistically would probably be grateful to have Word do this "for their own good" than would fall into the "Please let me do it myself" group.