4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Disconnect Cable Modem During Clean Installs? (Win

I thought I read somewhere that I should disconnect the network connection before doing a clean-install. I wonder just what things (if any) need to be disconnected? I currently disconnect things that require software installation, where the instructions say to install software first before connecting (i.e.) camera. But should I be disconnecting the cable modem and router?
    TIA
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><big><font color=4682b4>Sherry</font color=4682b4></big></font face=comic>

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Disconnect Cable Modem During Clean Installs? (Win

Immediately after reinstalling Windows, you won't have anti-virus and anti-spyware software installed yet, so your PC is vulnerable to outside attacks. The built-in Windows XP firewall helps, but it is safer to have no internet connection until you reinstalled anti-virus software etc.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Disconnect Cable Modem During Clean Installs? (Win

it is also because during the hardware detection stage of the install if there are any devices that windows has a problem accurately detecting it will cause the install to lock up usually at the 34 minute mark it is best to only have the monitor the mouse and keyboard connected during a clean install