Star Lounger
    Thanks

Footer Problem (2003 (11.56.12.5606))

I'm having trouble with the footer in every worksheet. I had set things up the way I want in book.xlt in the folder C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOFFICE11XLSTART. Immediately after creating a new workbook, the Page Setup looks fine. But, as soon as data is entered in any cell, the center and right footers are replaced. So, I have to reenter the footer infromation. I deleted all book.xlt and sheet.xlt files from the C: drive, and reinstalled Office 2003, then recreated book.xlt, but that didn't help. I found and customized a macro that fixes the header and footer, but it's a pain to have to do that with every file. I suspect I need to completely remove Office and install a new copy from our network, but wanted to make sure I haven't overlooked something. I have attached a Word document with screen shots. Thanks for any help.
    Jim Whitt
    Pharmacist
    Temple, Texas

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Footer Problem (2003 (11.56.12.5606))

Perhaps <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL,290455>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL<!/post> helps.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Footer Problem (2003 (11.56.12.5606))

It did. I have been using a group of third party add-ins for several years. Evidently not all of them have been freshened to work with Excel 2003. Some have. I will watch the vendor's web site for new versions. Bookmarked the "Fixing Startup problems" page as well.

Thanks a lot!
    Jim Whitt
    Pharmacist
    Temple, Texas