KurtCGR

Sort/Group Problems in a Report

I have what I thought was a simple report that will not do what I need it to do. It has three data fields, platform, MEEL and ESWBS. I want it to group by platform and then list ESWBS and MEEL sorted descending by MEEL.

The group part works fine, but the MEEL field is not completely sorted. The field is formated as a fixed field with two decimal places, but the sort seems to brake down in the report. I can sort is OK in the underlying query and the first 25% or so of the MEEL numbers sort OK.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sort/Group Problems in a Report

Is the field MEEL a numeric or text field? Sounds like it is text and you might try changing it a number such as integer and try the sort again.

KurtCGR

It is a number field. The sort would still work if it was a text field. The report is putting 2.74 between 2.70 and 2.94 for example

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Is the field ESWBS left "not sorted" in the design grid of the underlying query? If it is set not to sort in the query then MEEL should sort.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorting in queries is ignored in reports. Have you gone into the Sorting and Grouping dialog of the report and set a sort on the field?
    Charlotte