Thread: Font - serif

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Font - serif

I need help in determining where to go to make a change in font to my lounge displays.

I'm having trouble differentiating between "i" and "I" on the display, and switching sizes with the skins (10-->12-->14) doesn't do much for these tired old eyes. I'd dearly love to specify a Serif font, like Times New Roman, both for the text box where I enter text and for the preview pane.

I'm not sure whether I can even do this in the lounge - the skins seem to be Sand Serif font, and only the sizes change - and I'd rather not make a global change to my Browser, because other web sites are readable.

I spent a few minutes this morning checking out the various controls and Help screens, FAQ etc. but couldn't see an item that leapt out at me and said "change type face here, chris".

Thanks for any directions .....

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Font - serif

If I remember correctly Chris, you're using FireFox. FireFox, in the Edit --> Preferences --> General area, you're able to specify to always use your font settings. However, this would go 'across the board', and hit every website you visit with your settings.

Not the perfect solution for me, but maybe it is for me, but maybe it is for you?
    Christopher Baldrey

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

All Lounge skins override the general browser font settings, and use sans-serif fonts such as Arial or Verdana (or was it Tahoma). As far as I know, there is no way to force the Lounge to use a serifed font.

Our skin-designer is <!profile=WyllyWylly>WyllyWylly<!/profile>, but he is busy with other things these days...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

> you're using FireFox.

What a memory, and for the first time in Lounge history I'm seen to be using something modern(grin!).
    Thanks Chris, and yes, I can change things there but I can't change the Firefox choice of SansSerif font to be a Serif Font, which suggests that if a site (e.g. wopr) wants to send SansSerif, Firefox is going to display it as SansSerif.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

> All Lounge skins override the general browser font settings, and use sans-serif fonts

Thanks Hans. It's re-assuring to know that there's nothing I can do about it. I began to feel that I was missing some vital switch somewhere.

In my Lounge settings, I mean (grin!)

Thanks

I saw a brief plug for a scary-sounding Firefox extension: it lets you inject script into any page you retrieve. In theory, then, you could inject a new stylesheet into your session of the Lounge, which you could store locally on your computer and tweak to your heart's content. However, I most certainly have not tested this. The info on the GreaseMonkey extension is here: http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Jefferson, It's the sort of thing that most likely would do what i want (reset all occurrences of THIS sans serif font to This Serif font), but I suspect that I'd better not start enhancing Firefox just yet.