Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Signatures (Outlook XP)

When sending emails I have automatically inserted my signature at the bottom of the email this is in the format of:

Jezza
    My Job Title
    Department
    Company
    etc...

A few months ago I changed my job title and changed it in Tools-->Options-->Mail Format--> Signatures

Now if i send my emails (Rich Text format) I get the desired signature but sometimes if I receive emails from people I reply the old signature with the old job title appears at the bottom of my email....am I missing something here?
    Jerry

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Signatures (Outlook XP)

There are separate signatures for EACH type, Plain text, Rich Text and HTML. They ALL need to be changed.

When replying, the format of the "Received" email is the format that your reply is in.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Dave

As I thought AFAIK I am going bit nutty. I have checked Tools-->Options-->Mail Format and looked at the signature for Rich Text, Plain Text and HTML and all three seem to have the same information. Am I going about this the right way as the Help files are as useful as a chocolate teapot?
    Jerry

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Under Tools | Options | Mail Format there are two signatures referenced, one for new messages and one for replies and forwards. If you haven't reset the "replies and forwards" sig, that may be it, and if you did that, I'd be inclined to find the sig files on drive, delete all but the plaintext sig, and start over.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS