Star Lounger
    Thanks

concatenation (Access 2000)

Hello,
    I have a question about concatenation. Is it possible to when linking together "values" that i can get an edited return on one of the "values" I am attempting to concatenate. For example say I wanted to combine the words:

" I have alot of highpower" but instead of this I wanted a return of this "I have alot of horsepower" Is this at all possible. Any answers are greatly appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: concatenation (Access 2000)

You can use the Replace function in expressions, but it's not clear to me what you want exactly. What are you concatenating and where?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    Thanks for the reply. I was doing some reading and came across concatenation and the examples I got were pretty standard. I was just wondering if there was an ability to, like you said, "replace" characters or just generally manipulate the different "values" I am concatenating. Is there anywhere I can look to see examples of manipulating "strings"(is this what they are called). As you can tell I am very new to access and I am trying to learn on an extreme curve. So, and I know I say this alot, any help will be very much appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Access uses the standard VB/VBA string operators and functions, so pretty much any book on VB/VBA will do.

The online help also provides a lot of information, but you already have to know what you're looking for. You can ask help by typing any keyword in the Immediate window (Ctrl+G) or in a module and pressing F1. To learn about string operations, try the following keywords:
    Left
    Mid
    Right
    Trim
    LTrim
    RTrim
    Replace
    UCase
    LCase

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mr. V,
    Thank you very much this info will be very helpful.