New Lounger
    Thanks

Do Not Archive Switch (Outlook 2003)

I often have a message that I do NOT want archived. I display the Do Not AutoArchive field in my message list, but Outlook will not let me click, double-click or right-click to change the setting. Instead I have to open each message, go to the properties, check the Do Not AutoArchive box, then close and save changes. I get a lot of mail, and being a lazy person, that's a lot of work. I almost never open messages, so doing it individually as I receive them is also a pain. I'm behind a corporate firewall and most of my messages are internal, so the preview pane is fairly safe.

Is there an easy way to do this? I've thought of a macro, but I don't program and Outlook doesn't allow you to record a macro. Anyone have a good way to do this? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thanks

Re: Do Not Archive Switch (Outlook 2003)

In your view settings, did you turn on "Allow in-cell editing" -- under the "Other Settings" button? I'm not sure whether that will help in the Inbox or a mail folder, but it can be handy in other types of folders.

New Lounger
    Thanks

It works..Re: Do Not Archive Switch (Outlook 2003)

Ok, I'm a dork. I turned in-cell editing off because it annoyed me to click a message to see the text, and then not be able to use the arrow keys to move through the list without pressing Esc first. I did say I was lazy, didn't I? I'm also an "old" keyboard person. Thanks for your help. Hope I'm not the only one that found this useful.