New Lounger
    Thanks

Vieweing JPG in WORD file (WORD 2002 SP3)

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2002 SP3 (US) on US Windows XP, 1GByte RAM, enough HDD space.

I have several WORD files with screen shots, inserted as JPG files. But now I cannot see the graphics anymore, they sometimes show, sometimes only half, but mostly white background.
    If I move the JPG graphic it shows, but if I page down and up again, it is not visible again.
    If I click on one, I can see the corner points. Print Preview works. I use different wrapping styles in FORMAT, but does not seem to make a difference.

Thanks
    Toni

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Vieweing JPG in WORD file (WORD 2002 SP3)

Just to make sure: I assume that you are working in Print Layour view and that "Picture Placeholders" is not ticked in the View tab of Tools | Options...

It might be a problem with your graphics card. You could try the following:
    - Right-click an empty part of the desktop.
    - Select Properties.
    - Activate the Settings tab.
    - Click Advanced.
    - Activate the Troubleshoot tab.
    - Move the Hardware acceleration slider a few notches to the left.
    - Click OK.
    If it doesn't help, you can move the slider back to its original position.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans,
    first, placeholders is OFF, working in print layout. PC is a DELL notebook 610. I have also tried to change 16/32 bit color and screen resolution, no success.

I turned the accelerator down, and I can see some graphics. But still, some I cannot see. In NORMAL view with placeholders and field codes on I see "Figure 26: {SEQ figure *ARABIC }: my title". In Print layout I see empty lines, I cannot even click on the picture to change formatting.
    And in Print Preview it's all there ....

Regards, and thanks for the help
    Toni

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Have you tried moving the Hardware Acceleration slider all the way to the left?

If that doesn't help, you might consider attach a stripped down copy of the document to a reply. You can remove most of the text (and replace sensitive or proprietary information by dummy text), just leave one or two of the partly invisible pictures.

Thanks

Problems with graphics on page up and page down has sometimes been fixed in the past by checking the manufacturer's web site (in this case Dell Downloads), for updated graphics card/video drivers. Please do not rely on Windows Update for this sort of thing, as the ones supplied by MS may be out of date or too generic for your hardware.

New Lounger
    Thanks

is very simple, I have a file with just one graphic (I received from someone else, but I have also tried my own ones).
    I also believ by now it's a DELL graphics card problem. I have moved the accelerator all the way to the left (requires reboot), but same results.

Thanks
    Toni
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The document itself does not seem to be the problem. On my PC (a Dell desktop with Windows XP SP-2 and Word 2002 SP-3), two (!) pictures are clearly visible. Perhaps Dell support can help.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans:
    Thanks for your ideas. It seems to be working now (I am careful), after installing new drivers from DELL and WORD security pathces (thought the JPG's are scanned and not allowed..).
    But as usual I cannot exactly tell, which really helped.

Toni