New Lounger
    Thanks

'Send to' Form/Template Editing (Outlook 2003)

I do a lot of File-Send to-Mail Receiptant from with in Office programs and of course right clicking and doing the same thing from Windows Explorer. My problem is that the mail message template/form that gets used when using this option is not the same as the one I use with in outlook when I compose a new message. I have certain settings on my new mail messages (stationary, signature, read receipt, etc.) that do not transfer to "Send to" feature. Where/How do I find the template/form that the "Send to" feature uses to open an email message so that I can make my modifications?

Thanks,

-Drew

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'Send to' Form/Template Editing (Outlook 2003)

For the "Send to" option from Windows Explorer, see Tip 091: Send to... using your stationery.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Excellent...That takes care of Windows Explorer. Thanks.

Any ideas for within the Office 2003 programs (word, excel, etc.)?

Thanks

Send to>Mail Recipient is a completely different deal because Word is pumping the body of the document through an HTML conversion and connecting with your default mail client using, I believe, the MAPI interface, rather than anything specific to Outlook. I haven't researched whether you could intervene in that process, but I suspect that you might have to combine a number of intermediate steps in order to combine Word's HTML conversion with your stationery.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hmm...Sounds like a real pain to do anything with. The stationery and signatures are actually secondary to having the "Read Receipt" turned on by default. I now have them turned on for any new mail message I create from within Outlook and now with help from Hans I can do the same with files sent from Windows Explorer.

It sounds like I may just have to give up using the mail feature from within the office programs.

Thanks,