Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Subform with User-Entered Lookup Criteria (Access 2002)

    OK....I realize this should be simple, but I'm stumped on this one. I've got a form where the user can look up records by entering a number in either of 2 fields and hitting a search button. In general this works fine, but certain records (specifically, those with any job # higher than 5000) won't pull up. I can't figure out what might be causing this, but I've attached the file as a .ZIP, so anyone who would like to take a look and offer any advice would have my sincere thanks!

    B. Drake

  2. #2
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    84,353
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts

    Re: Subform with User-Entered Lookup Criteria (Access 2002)

    Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

    There is no reason for the main form to be bound to the query, and for the subform to be linked to the main form.
    The command buttons should set the filter for the subform directly.

    See the attached version. I have used VBA code instead of macros, since I find macros impossible to understand and maintain.

  3. #3
    Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Subform with User-Entered Lookup Criteria (Access 2002)

    You are the super Access genius! Converting the macros to VBA cleaned up some things, and possibly settting the record source to the subform fixed my little oddity. Best regards from everyone here (especially me)!

    B. Drake

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •