2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Help After Hard Drive Crash (Office 2003)

I have a person in another state who uses an Access application I program.

His hard drive crashed. When they gave him a new machines, supposedly built from an image of his old one, parts of the Access application no longer work. He doesn't get error messages. He clicks on buttons and nothing happens. Macros don't run and reports don't open. He has other copies of the file used on other projects, and he gets the same result. They worked fine before the crash; they do not work now.

I had him send me the file, and of course, it works fine on my machine.

Any suggestions? I have no way of knowing how his machine is configured, what other software may be on it, etc. All I know is that the programs worked and now they don't. I've suggested they reload Access from scratch, but other than that, am at a loss. It's not the programs as his files run fine for me.

Thanks!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Help After Hard Drive Crash (Office 2003)

Your advice to reinstall Access is probably correct; I suspect that the registry hasn't been restored exactly the way it was. Uninstalling and reinstalling Access (or Office) will hopefully correct that.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Help After Hard Drive Crash (Office 2003)

Thanks, Hans.

I haven't heard anything - whether they tried to reload or not. I'm sure I'll hear if it doesn't work.

Nancy