Star Lounger
    Thanks

Vector dwg as enhanced metafile (2000 (9.0. 4402 SR-1))

Our graphics are usually done in PowerPoint and may contain pictures + text + shapes. Some contain rather large jpgs,sized to fit in PowerPoint -- we inherit a lot of this and don't have time to fix it all because of short turnaround time. Sometimes we can get around the file size issue by copying into Word as an enhanced metafile -- but often that distorts the text kerning, making the text look pretty awful (on monitor it looks okay, printed is bad). If we copy graphic in as a picture, kerning of text is okay, but that can blow up our document size.

Is there any way to prevent the kerning problem in enhanced metafiles? Thanks.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Vector dwg as enhanced metafile (2000 (9.0. 4402 SR-1))

Somewhere back in my memory banks I remember someone showed me how to go into Tools Options, Compatibility and choose kerning or spacing like Word Perfect as it handled kerning better than Word. At the time I relagated this information to interesting, but not important enough for me to do anything with. I don't know if this will help or even if it will apply to image files but I thought I would offer the idea.

Carla

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, but this has to do with justified text in Word and the way Word adds all the extra space at the end of the line instead of disbursing it all along the line of text -- this option makes it seem smoother. My problem seems to be an incompatibility between Windows enhanced metafile and Word. thanks.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Not sure of exactly what the situation is here, but it may well be the case that the .EMF format simply doesn't support including the particular formatting feature of Word that you're hoping to incorporate.

Alan

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I guess I wasn't too clear -- I don't want Word features in my graphic; I just wanted to know if there is a way to copy text + shapes + photos (especially jpgs) from a PowerPoint slide into Word and have the text in the resulting picture look okay when printed, but not blow up our file size.

If we have time (often we don't), we can deal with the jpg that comes as part of the artwork on the slide (but may be 300 ppi 5x7 picture that someone reduced in PowerPoint to less than 1 inch). Thanks.