New Lounger
    Thanks

Web Active Access

On Friday, we were asked to take a current client's database (Access 2000) and propose a solution to present it as an active database on their Intranet Web Server. Although I haved worked with Access for 8 1/2 years, never had a need to do any 'web stuff.' What I'm wondering from the many good people who make suggestions on this forum is 1) is it a major undertaking for someone with no Access to Web experience to accomplish ? 2) the client would accept just being able to have various offices in the US be able to work with it, but their servers are NOT interconnected to all offices. Therefore the database would have to be distributed in some way -- but the data would have to be available to ALL at ALL times for updating, etc.

I very much enjoy the forum and hope someone can take the time and offer some advice on the issues raised above.

Thank you in advance.

sabrantley0623

Re: Web Active Access

Access 2k will allow you to create an ADP, that is active data page. This is pretty easy to work with. However, there is a Microsoft "gotcha", if you use any of the web components. If a site accesses such a database that is using any of the web components, they are required to download the web components, if they do not already have them. If they do a download of the components, they are required to register - pay for a license for that pc.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Web Active Access

Thanks for the Heads-Up about the components issue.