New Lounger
    Thanks

O98: Address underlining gone

Hi,
    I have Outlook 98 on a laptop using Windows 95 with some additions to make it more like (but not exactly) Win 98.

When I put an address in an e-mail message, Outlook traditionally underlines it in red if I have more than one address for that contact. And the next time it underlines it green to remind me that I'm using the same address as before.

Well, suddenly Outlook on my laptop stopped doing this. No underlines at all--it just goes to my choices each time when I hit send and I have to manually choose which one.

Also, since we're on a network, if I put in a name like estannard, it used to automatically change this to the display name (Ed Stannard). It doesn't do that anymore either--although it delivers the message to the person on the network to whom I addressed the message.

Any thoughts on how this would have happened and how to get it back?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: O98: Address underlining gone

what happens if you hit control K? Does it resolve then? If yes, look in tools > options > email button > advanced button. automatic name checking, near the botton. if alreay checked, uncheck and apply, check and reapply.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: O98: Address underlining gone

Control-K brought up the box from where I choose which address to send it to.

I unchecked, OK-OK-OK, rechecked OK-OK-OK the "automatic addressing" box. No change.