New Lounger
    Thanks

Word Table - Turn Off Auto Bolding Next Row (2000)

When the first text I type in a table cell is in bold, text typed in a blank cell (same column) in the next row automatically is bolded as well. Turning off the bold in the first cell has no effect, whether at the end of text entry for the entire cell, or at the end of the bolded text (cell text entry continues, unbolded). The bold is applied by direct formatting (no character style). Is there a way to turn off this behavior? I've tried turning off the various autoformat/autocorrect options that seem likely candidates; I don't see any setting on the options dialogs that affect this.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Table - Turn Off Auto Bolding Next Row (2000)

If you edit the style used in the table, is "Automatically update" ticked? If so, clear that check box.

Thanks

Re: Word Table - Turn Off Auto Bolding Next Row (2

When you add a new row by tabbing through the end of the previous one, certain direct character formatting is carried over. You might think it would be the formatting that immediately preceded (or was applied to) the end-of-cell marker, but instead it's the formatting of the first character in the cell. Strange but I see it often.

If your tables usually have bold text in the first row and not-bold thereafter, you can save a two-row table as an autotext entry and insert that to save yourself some formatting grief. And of course you can use Ctrl+spacebar to clear the direct formatting from the blank cell below a bold cell.