2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Public Array (Word 2000 / VBA 6.0)

Edited by HansV to provide link to MSKB article using <!t>[mskb=170721]<!/t>

I want to create a two-dimensional array that's defined in a procedure and then used in that procedure and also in the code behind a user form that will be called by that procedure and that will live in the same project. That's the ultimate goal.

To understand how this should work (especially since my initial efforts did not work), I found specific instructions on microsoft.com at <!mskb=170721>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 170721<!/mskb>. Method 2 says that I can put

Public MyArray(1) As String

in the General Declarations section. When I try to run a test procedure in that module, it chokes on the above line of code in General Declarations with the following error message:

Compile error:

Constants, fixed-length strings, arrays, user-defined types, and Declare statements not allowed as Public members of object modules.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help!

- Linda

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans!

That worked! Thank you for saving my project!

- Linda

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Public Array (Word 2000 / VBA 6.0)

You should put the declaration in a module created by Insert | Module, not in a worksheet module, in a userform module or in the ThisDocument module.