New Lounger
    Thanks

Pull-down fields not appearing in Word email (200

To all:

I created a form in Word 2003, using a combination of Text Form Fields and Drop Down Form Fields. When I try to send the document as an e-mail (File>Send To...>Mail Recipient) within Outlook 2003, the Drop Down Form Fields are all blank. The Text Form fields appear correctly. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Joe Hass

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pull-down fields not appearing in Word email (200

Try sending the document as an attachment. (You have protected the document for forms, I hope)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pull-down fields not appearing in Word email

Hans:

That works. But is there any way to do it so the body of the e-mail is the Word document? The idea behind this is to have a co-worker fill out a copy center request, then be able to send the form to me so I can keep it electronically. We're (finally) migrating to a networked copying system, and I'm trying to figure out a way to do it digitally.

And yes, the form is protected.

Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Even if you use Word as mail editor in Outlook, the File | Send To | Mail Recipient menu option in Word sends the document as HTML, not as RTF. HTML doesn't know what do do with a drop-down form field. So sending as the body of the e-mail is not an option.

You may want to investigate the forms feature in Outlook. I have no experience with that, so I can't help you.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I will. Thanks for the assistance! [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks

When HTML forms are sent by email, they normally need to be submitted to a web server in order to process the input because scripting should be disabled for security reasons. For that reason, unless you have a web server handy and a bit of server-side code-writing experience, HTML forms probably are not a good tool for collecting and returning data from your users.