Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    2 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Free text in cells with validation list (2000)

    Is it possible to add free text (via VBA or otherwise) into a cell that uses data validation to select an item form a list? 95% of the name that I will store in the cell come a short list of entries, but the other 5% can be anything. The data validation feature for lists does not seem to have a "limit to list" (ala Access) option. Any ideas?

    Thanks!

    Larry

  2. #2
    Platinum Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Weert, Limburg, Netherlands
    Posts
    4,812
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Free text in cells with validation list (2000)

    The error tab has a checkbox you can uncheck so you get no alert on "invalid" data.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •