New Lounger
    Thanks

Problems saving files (Access 2003 11.6355.6360)

I get the following error when saving any NEW database to my home directory, which is in a folder on a Novell server mapped to a drive letter on my Windows 2000 server running Terminal Services: Cannot save <filename>. The folder is marked as 'Read Only'.
    I have no problem saving an existing database when I open it from the same folder/drive, nor do I have the same difficulty in my other Office programs, which are Office 2000 versions. I do however have the same problem in Front Page 2003. I have searched the KB to no avail, any ideas anyone?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problems saving files (Access 2003 11.6355.6360)

Just to make sure, check that you have full permissions in your home directory.
    Something else: if your anti-virus program is set to scan network drives, turn this off. The Novell server should take care of network drives, your local anti-virus program only of your local drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problems saving files (Access 2003 11.6355.6360)

Thank you Hans, I am the administrator for both machines and have full permissions. Both the terminal server and the Novell server have their own anti-virus and don't scan network drives. I appreciate your thoughts, good to check. It seems it must be something with the Office 2003 products, Excel, Word, and Outlook 2000 don't have the same behavior in the same folders.