Lounger
    Thanks

Pagination (Word 2000)

I have a friend who has Word 2000 (with Windows XP) and an HP PSC 750. She is using a page header with Page of NumPages fields. When she prints only part of her documents get paginated correctly in the page header. She sent one of these files to me and I noticed that the Page field had been deleted. After I fixed that it worked fine for me yet she still says that it is not right and only the first few pages get paginated in the header? What could it be?

Thanks,

Jerry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pagination (Word 2000)

It's very strange that a Page field should get deleted.

If the document consists of multiple sections whose headers are not connected, you may have fixed only the header of the first section.

Lounger
    Thanks

Not sure about the deletion but I had thought of sections and there are no section breaks in the document.

Thanks,

Jerry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

This is beginning to sound as if the document is corrupt. If the document consists of one section, it could still have a separate first page header, and different odd/even page headers, but apart from that, numbering should continue throughout the document.

Note: I assume that you haven't created complex fields such as { IF { PAGE } < 8 "{ PAGE }" "" }