3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mail merge woes (2003 SP1)

I'm trying to do an email merge, using addresses from my Outlook contacts folder. When I get to the preview step, Word does not allow me to preview all the messages in one document, as it does for mail or envelopes. It shows the greeting line in field codes and I have to scroll through the emails and toggle the field codes in each email to preview them. This is a pain. Also, when I click on the final merge, I get the screen shown below, which is as expected, but Word or Outlook does not create all the emails in the Outbox; it only creates one. I have to click the 'Yes' button for each email to get it into the Outbox. I do not use Word as my email editor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail merge woes (2003 SP1)

What happens if you toggle off field codes before previewing? (Alt+F9 is the keyboard shortcut for this)

See <post#=423395>post 423395</post#> for ways to handle the message "A program is trying to ..." automatically.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'll try that download and also toggle the field codes before previewing. In that same thread, <post#=423189>post 423189</post#> said this problem was supposed to be fixed in the Word 2003 wizard, but I was using the Wizard.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, toggling the field codes before previewing works. Not very intuitive.