2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Send to Multiple Recipients (Outlook 2003)

I want to send out a survey via email to a specific group of people, but want each message to look as if it were sent individually -- no other recipients names showing.

By using Bcc in place of To, I was able to send a message to myself and two others with no other names showing; however, the recipient name also did not show as the To line was blank.

Is this the only way to keep multiple recipients from seeing other names, or is there a way to have the message arrive with the person's name in To, but only that person's name?

Thanks

Re: Send to Multiple Recipients (Outlook 2003)

You can add a dummy name such as "My recipient list" that is addressed to yourself in the To: field, otherwise I think your only option is to run a mail merge - do a search in this forum for
    <code>mail merge</code>
    and you should get a few ideas.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Hi TheDon

I am aware that there quite a few add ons in Outlook, I have found this on Google. Be warned I have not tested them and cannot vouch for them but they may be of use if you do this type of thing regularly
    Jerry

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The best way to do this is with Mail Merge. If you want you can customize beyond the users name and include any info you have in the contact.

Select your contacts (Categories are very useful here!), then click Tools, Mail Merge. At the bottom of this screen where is asks "Merge to:", select E-mail.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Another thought - Someone has recently recommended http://www.surveymonkey.com for doing surveys. I have not tried it yet but trust the person that referred this to me. This will collecy the responses for you to help in the analysis.