Lounger
    Thanks

Tracking (xp / 2003)

I want to track all my activities with many of my contacts

Thanks

Re: Tracking (xp / 2003)

In earlier versions of Outlook, the Journal feature seemed to slow down Office so much that most people turned it off. Does Outlook 2003 still have a Journal feature? I don't use it, but I'm curious whether it still keeps track of most everything you do in Office. I guess the problem is to relate, say, a Word document back to a particular Contact. Hmmm...

Lounger
    Thanks

Yes the journal is still there. I

Thanks

The Contact record's Activities tab is where I think the journal entries specific to that Contact can be viewed. (It also seems to run a huge search... hmmm.) If you don't get any other feedback, you might check the Slipstick site to see what materials and add-ins might be available.

Thanks

I have been using Outlook as a contact manager program for some time, but have now decided to use it for almost everything. Although I am still learning it, one thing I have noticed is that the Journal doesnt seem to slow it down any, as compared to not using it. I am using it to track everything from phone calls, to .pdf files, to Visio and other programs. I love it. I can pull up a contact and see all of the activity for any client. As I said I am still learnig it but I love it. And yes that is no mistake on the .pdf file into the journal.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)