New Lounger
    Thanks

Filter Info on Summary Tab (2003)

I will have around 30 tabs for all individuals in a company. Each tab will list all dates of training/certificates each individual has taken, whether it needs to be renewed yearly, bi-yearly, or tri-yearly, and what date it expires. On a summary tab, I need Excel to go through all of the tabs and pull together all the training that needs to be completed for the current year.

For example, if five people have a CPR certification that expires on June 1, 2005, Aug. 10, 2005, & Dec. 31, 2005, I need the summary page to:

1. List each person's name (always in cell A1 on all tabs)
    2. The training/certificates that needs renewed (always in column B on each tab and the same row as the expiration date)
    3. Expiration date (always in column G on each tab and the same row as the class/certificaiton)

Of course the listing of each CPR certification could be on different rows on each tab. Anyone have any ideas?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Filter Info on Summary Tab (2003)

Dawn,

Would it not be easier to keep track of eveyone in one sheet? In having everyone in one sheet you could use "advance filter" settings to select various dates, certifications and etc.

John

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I agree with John that if this was all on one sheet, then what you want could probably be done using standard tool like Advanced Filter. With the data on separate sheets it is probably going to take VBA code. If you want to do it with VBA, then we will need a workbook to test the code with. You will need to upload a workbook with any confidential data change.
    Legare Coleman

Thanks

I also concur with John and Legare's suggestion of one sheet.

In addition to adv filter, autofilter could be used and even pivot tables to summarize the data. WIth one sheet, excel has many built-in features to summarize and work with the data without having to use VBA to code it.

Steve