2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MS Access error (Windows XP Home - Office 2003 Student-Teacher)

I am trying to download a document. When I click the download button I get "Microsoft Access for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close" and it shuts down the program I'm using and goes back to the desk top. I clicked on the report the error problem and went through all that. Then I got a microsoft page saying i needed to update Office. I tried that and got a microsoft page that said Office updates couldn't be downloaded and gave me 3 options that "might" correct the problem. I tried contacting Microsoft Product Support and got a page (multiple times) that said that wasn't available. Access wasn't in the Office 2003 edition I got. I have an Access 2000 left over from an earlier installation but I no longer have the Office 2000 cd. I tried removing Access from my computer because I never use it anyway. then the program I am trying to use ( an online education course) won't work. Any suggestions?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS Access error (Windows XP Home - Office 2003 Student-Teacher)

If you have partially or entirely removed Access 2000, and don't have the Office 2000 CD any more, there's not much you can do about that.
    Does the online education course use Access? If not, you might try a repair installation of Office 2003, and if that doesn't help, uninstall and reinstall Office 2003.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS Access error (Windows XP Home - Office 2003 Student-Teacher)

Thank you for your reply. The education provider "had problems" with their web site and that's what was causing the problem. They called me back this morning with their fix. Thanks, again.