5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

how to enter the subset character/symbol (V2003)

I know nothing about Visio, but since I am the Microsoft Office trainer in our company, people ask me all sorts of questions. One of our users wants to enter the subset character/shape in Visio.... { { that one. He has tried searching for subset, brace, bracket and none of those searches shows him what he wants. How can he get this shape?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: how to enter the subset character/symbol (V200

I think we have two problems here
    1. <LI>identifying what the character is, since it doesn't come out on your post (at least on my screen!)<LI>putting it into Visio
    Perhaps you could do some investigation of as many of the eight links in "Mathematical Symbols", under "Arrows and Operators" in the middle of the Unicode Character Code Charts to find the required symbol (are we talking U+2282 in Mathematical Operators known as "SUBSET OF"?). Once it has been found, I would suggest you went into Word, chose the font Arial Unicode MS then see if you can do an Insert Symbol operation based on the Unicode character's code point/value.

Then it could be a cut and paste job -- but that may depend on you having the font Arial Unicode MS available to you in Visio also -- others more knowledgeable than I may advise further...

Good luck!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: how to enter the subset character/symbol (V2003)

These large brackets are available as shapes in PowerPoint (Autoshapes, Basic Shapes... look at the bottom of the selections and choose the pair or the L/R bracket separately).
    Insert it into a PPT slide.
    Then select the shape, copy it, and paste into VISIO.

gg