2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Most used items (Access 2000)

(Edited by HansV to provide link to post - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>)

Is my combo box the best solution?

I have seen in the Forum the <post#=452798>post 452798</post#> from Hans about using a text box for searching as the user types. I liked it very much. Can i use it in my subform somehow, by adding a text box beside the combo box?
    My problem is that the table Products is too big and sometimes the list of Products is cumbersome to read.
    So my question refers to the construction of the subform and not to any code. is there any better method of doing it?
    For example, even we have 400 products, the most used products are about 10 to 20.Can i grade the products according to their usabulity? Can i somehow make use of this fact and build a second way of finding the product?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Most used items (Access 2000)

Do you have a way of grading the products? We cannot decide that for you.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Couldn't you create a separate field, counting the number of times each product is used/ordered, and have that column hidden in your combo box, sorting descending, so the most used products appear on top?
    "If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, then you will be hacked. What&#39;s more, you deserve to be hacked." -Richard Clarke

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Probably, but I wanted to hear from the original poster if that is what he/she had in mind.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am sorry,in my effort to make the long sotry short i didnt include the way i am sorting the products.The sorting with me takes place with the product name
    and in the query i am sorting it in ascending order which is good since the products are arranged in alphabetical order.
    it works fine. i am justed interested in the discussion over the present thread and may be i might improve on that since the product range is over 200 products and may be the suggestion of Myintensity will do the job.It is not quite clear to me how could it be done.Could i get a small example?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Query1 in the attached database lists the products in descending order of the number of order detail records that use the product. The query has been used as the record source of the combo box in the subform.