3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Contact-Email Address Mismatch (Outlook 2002)

I've just installed Outlook 2002 on my wife's new computer, and put my (now huge) outlook.pst in the place of the original. When I try to send an email, and access the address book I get this balloon: "The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address could not be opened. It may have been moved or deleted or you do not have permission. etc. (When I used the original outlook.pst I get the same problem). Suggestions?

kdoc

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Contact-Email Address Mismatch (Outlook 2002)

I think I would export the contacts from the original computer to an excel file and then move that file to the new machine and import fresh from there.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

The error message is probably because Outlook is looking for the default Contacts created on your initial install. The instructions in Jefferson's <!post=Star Post,334705>Star Post<!/post> will show you how to enable Contacts as an Address Book, and while you are in the Address Book part of the dialogs, you should be able to remove any invalid Contacts Folder reference(s).
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

So...I did all those things and it still wouldn't recognize contacts as an address book. then I did a Help--repair on Outlook (after trying to uninstall and reinstall it, only to be told that the product key number was no longer recognizeable, so that I had to do a restore point to get Outlook back), and then lo and behold...it worked. Whew.

Thanks folks

kdoc