3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Updates from Help (Off 2003)

Under the help menu of all office applications is a "Check for Updates". However in none of them it seems to work in my case, even if I put IE6 as default browser (Normally I use FireFox as default). Has anybody any idea what goes wrong please?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Updates from Help (Off 2003)

You can also check for updates from Microsoft Office Downloads Home Page. It requires an ActiveX control to be installed. Depending on your IE settings, this may be disabled, or you may be prompted.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Thanks, that is what I normally did. However I have a problem with installing this activeX. I have allowed installing, and when I click the MS PopUp Prompt Bar to install it, nothing installs, the same message appears again only this time there is no PopUp Blocking message. I have tried all the tricks the KB on not been able to install Office Updates, but to no avail. It drove me crazy and that's why I tried the alternative via Help method. In the end I started updating manually. Any suggestion on this problem? (I was going to make this a separate IE post).

Regards, Teun

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It's probably best to post a question in the Internet Explorer forum, with a link to this thread. (If you copy and paste <!t>[post#=475520]<!/t> into your post, it will come out as a hyperlink <post#=475520>post 475520</post#>)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I'll do it later.

Regards, Teun