5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Using Smart Menu to Print

Word2K SR1a on a Win2K Workstation; Win2K Server
    A user pointed out that when selecting multiple Word attachments from Outlook and using right-click print, a few would print fine and then he would get a file not found error.

In testing on my machine I was able to duplicate the issue. With Task Manager open and viewing processes I have identified the issue -- a separate instance of Winword is being created for each Word attachment. Digging a little deeper, I discovered the same happens from Windows Explorer. If "Open is selected from the smart menu, then all works as one would expect -- one instance of Word, with multiple documents open.

I've checked TechNet and can't find anything related. Has anyone heard of this and know a fix for it?
    Karen

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Using Smart Menu to Print

OK -- Somone pointed me to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q209/8/10.asp>MSKB Article Q209810</A> which provides some sample code to print all files in a folder.

It's a step in the right direction! This brings up two subsequent questions: (a) Any of you VBA gurus want to point me in the direction to tweak it so that selected files print (and not all files); and ([img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] once tweaked, how would I incorporate into the OL and Windows smart menus?
    Karen