3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Section protection (WinXP / Off 2003)

Hi,

Think I've read somewhere that it's possible in W2003 to protect/restrict input in sections of a document.
    First I would like to know if what I would like to do is possible at all, secondly whether this is achievable through code as well.

Here's my goal - I've got a doc, where:

Page 1 should represent a fixed number of elements where the text and tables on the page may vary, but it all MUST be contained on that specific Page1 - the frontpage. It contains ao. tables (3rows x 3col, widths: 65,10, 95) and tables within these table cells - format is kept in a single column and ends with a next page section break.

Page 2 contains a column format of 80x10x80 and floats around the page ending with another section break (continous) that turns the final part of the page into a single column into which a final 170mm wide table is inserted and again is finished by a next page section break.

The table should always finish the input on page 2.

Any tips or tricks on this - and is it at at possible to do restrictions like this in W2003?

TIA
    Bests,
    RD

PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Section protection (WinXP / Off 2003)

Word has long offered the possibility to protect specific sections of a document; this feature has been enhanced in Word 2003. Select Tools | Protect Document... to display the new Document Protection task pane. Select "Filling in forms" in the Editing Restrictions dropdown list; you can then specify to which sections of the document it will apply. In those sections, the user can only fill in form fields, but not edit other text. See Microsoft Office 2003 Security White Paper for some screenshots.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Naeee, wasn't really what I was looking for.

Users need more options than form fields.
    Parts of contents will be Excel charts, linked Excel tables and Word tables as well as supplementary ordinary text.

Is it possible to restrict some content to a specific page?? (functionality bit like the "lock anchor", just for a specific table for a specific section/page)
    Bests,
    RD

PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Word does not really offer an easy solution for this.