Lounger
    Thanks

Comments (Word 2000)

Hi,

In Word when I insert a comment, the default commented word has yellow highlighted text. Is there any option by which I could change the highlighted text to some other color (In fact I do not want to highlight it at all)

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Comments (Word 2000)

You can't change the color; but you may be able to hide it by selecting Tools | Options..., activating the View tab and unselecting Highlight.

Thanks

In Word 2002 and 2003, the indication has changed to a pair of slender red "brackets" that look like flat parentheses. The comments themselves are hidden away in a separate pane or can displayed in a balloon in the margin. To people used to having their comments highlighted so they're easy to find, it's a shock, but maybe Microsoft designed it for you and other users who didn't like the old system?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Jefferson, I don't know why you are not getting to see the text shading for comments but my Word 2003 does visibly highlight the text (along with the funky new brackets).

In Word 2003 you can change the colour of the comments indicators. If you look under Tools > Options > Track Changes for the option called 'Comments color'. This same screen allows you to view the actual comments with the markup balloons for those users who want to see the actual comments on the page too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Thanks

I mostly use Word 2002 for real work, and Word 2003 for miscellaneous text editing. I guess I haven't used any comments in Word 2003 yet. My mistake.