5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Fixing a Frame in position (Word 2003)

A frame is inserted in the bottom-right corner of a page. However, when text is added before the frame it moves onto the next page. How can the frame be fixed in place so that it always remains on the same page?
    I haven't found any property that will do this, and am trying to create code that will grab its anchor and move it to the top left corner of the page. This seems to resolve the problem. Thanks, Andy.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Fixing a Frame in position (Word 2003)

I don't know what the frame is used for. If it always should be on the first page of a document or section, you could put it in the page header (or footer) and specify "Different first page" in the Layout tab of File | Page Setup...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The frame contains text. It needs to remain on the page to which it is inserted, regardless of the text that is added above it. They can be added on any page, so using the Header/Footer option would require section breaks for every page.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It was just a shot in the dark. If the frame can be on any page, the method I suggested is not practical - making each page into a separate section is not a good idea.

Thanks

Hi Andy,

I am able to fix a frame in a particular position if I right-click on the frame and unchecked Move with text. It stayed put and text flowed around it. Does that work for you?

Kim