4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

2000 (report automation)

Hello, Ihave an application where a number of monthly reports are produced, criteria is fed into the underlying query in terms of date ranges etc. I am looking to automate this process so the reports are automatically run and imported in word format to a folder.r. How can I begin to make this happen.

Thanks Darren.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2000 (report automation)

You can use DoCmd.OutputTo to export a report to .rtf (Word) format. We'll need more details if you need help with writing some kind of loop.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. I have a report that's based on a query where sales ordered by regional manager over a set date range are shown. A user input form allows the user to select the date range and the regional manager. What I need is for the report to auto issue based on each regional amanager and a date range from 1st to end of previous month. e.g. at the beginning of may I would like the sales report for manager 1 from 1st to 30 April to run, similar for manager B and so forth. How can we fashion some kind of loop to do this?

Thanks Darren.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you group the report by regiional manager (i.e. in the Sorting and Grouping window set Group Header to Yes for the regional manager field), and set the Force New Page property of the group header to Before Section, the data for each regional manager will be printed on a new page. You could create a new input form and set the default value for the starting and ending date to

DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1)
    and
    DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0)

respectively.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Marvellous, thanks Darren.