Star Lounger
    Thanks

Page break causes cell border not to print (Excel 2002)

I have a spreadsheet where borders are applied to several rows. Whenever I insert a page break (or move the breaks around in Page Break Preview), the border at the bottom of that page and at the top of the next page do not print (and the same thing happens on subsequent pages). If we insert an extra row, all is well, BUT we can't have an empty row at the top or bottom on pages of this particular spreadsheet. I have played with the margins, cell borders, row height, etc., and can't get the borders to print. Any suggestions?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page break causes cell border not to print (Excel 2002)

Excel has a nasty habit of doing things like this. I don't have XL2002 (I refuse to install any program with the Registration/Activation Wizard), so I can't test this. However, I have three suggestions that might help.

1- I have solved problems like this in the past by installing the latest version of the printer driver from the printer's manufacturer. I also once solved a print problem like this by installing the latest version of the display driver for my display.

2- This is not really a solution, but a work around. You might print the sheet by selecting what you want on each page and doing a Print/Selection. If this works, you could probably automate it with VBA.

3- You could create copies of each page to print using the camera tool on sepatate worksheets, and then print those worksheets. These sheet could all be selected together and printed with one print command.
    Legare Coleman